Your day to day already bares enough responsibilities, pay bills, attend your work or studies, and keep up to date the maintenance of your home or vehicle.
There are many things you have to do, and at the end of the year, finding yourself face to face with your tax return can be little more than an extra peso.
For this reason, the services of tax preparers have become increasingly popular, allowing you to enjoy those days with a little more freedom while a professional is directly responsible for carrying out your accounting.
Getting a professional tax service may sound like an unnecessary expense, especially if your income isn’t that great. However, there are many cases in which this can save you tax expenses and even generate a profit – or at least significantly reduce the cost of the service – in tax credits.
For this reason, we dedicated this article to help you find the best tax professional and tax preparation companies online.
Why Use a Tax Preparation Service?
While there are several reasons to choose a professional service instead of working off your tax declaration by yourself, these seven are the most common reasons for which you should look for tax preparation companies:
- You won’t have to do it yourself, and sure, it sounds like a lazy point, but in reality, having to prepare the tax return usually takes several hours and a lot of ant work. This is the first reason for leaving it in a professional’s
- You can actually save money if your deductions exceed the tax professional’s fees.
- Using a tax professional’s service will get you better customer support when dealing with questions and issues found in your tax return than going directly to the IRS.
- Code rules on tax declarations usually change a little bit every year. Instead of you having to keep up with those changes, you can let a professional do it.
- Any mistake you make can escalate, while if the tax company does it –which is less likely to happen- you can go for the service warranty.
- Some tax preparation companies offer guidance through the year offering you tax planning strategies.
- Tax companies represent you in front of the IRS in case of an audit
As you can see, getting your tax return prepared by a tax pro is actually a great idea. But then comes the next question:
How to Choose a Tax Professional?
Now, as we stated before, your tax declaration is a delicate business. For this reason, selecting a tax professional service can be a tough decision.
In this regard, you should take the next considerations when deciding between tax companies:
The tax professional you choose will have to actually be qualified to run the service.
When you look for a tax pro, using the IRS directory of registered tax return preparers will save you both time and a possible scam.
Your tax service must be impeccable if you want your tax return to be as accurate as possible.
For this reason, you should check online for reviews on their service and if possible, verify their legal status through the Better Business Bureau system.
Fees and Price
Probably one of the most important aspects to consider is how much this service is going to cost you.
As for the time being, most of the companies that offer tax return services charge you based on a % of your tax’s final refunds outcome.
Make sure that the tax preparer company offers an E-File
The IRS allows you as a taxpayer to fill your declaration online via E-File, which is nothing more than a prepared file sent to their system through their main site. This is the quickest way in which they will receive your tax return because it enters the system immediately.
Now that you have a better idea of how to choose the service, let break through the best Tax Pros that you can find online.
The Best Companies of Tax Professional Online
- TaxAct: This Company represents a low Budget service, ranging from free –The basic tax return- to up to 18 $ -which combines a complex federal return.
- H&R Block at Home: Like TurboTax, this company offers great customization and professional guidance all the way along with great options in tools and software. –On the other hand, the price raises from free, to 19.95-79.95 $-
- E-File: If what you want is direct professional support this company works as a better option. From one side it offers tax pro service for a range between free and 39.95 $, on the other hand, it allows you to file an extension request online if you are not ready to file your taxes by the due
- ezTaxReturn: faster, Better, and also cheaper than other online tax programs. ezTaxReturn makes doing taxes easier, and stress-free.
- The Neat Company: The Neat Company has developed a great system of intelligent solutions that transform information into something that works for every customer.
- FreeTaxUSA: This online tax company takes the hassle out of taxes. They offer easy and secure e-filling and also giving customers the ability to file their federal and state income taxes in as little as 30 minutes.
All these companies are certified professionals and allow you to do the work easily, submitting to analysis any possible mistake and ensuring that you will get your tax return done and filed perfectly.
The disadvantage of using an online service though is that you are still going to be involved in the filling process, but differently, then doing it by yourself, this would only take a couple of minutes.
When Recurring to a Tax Professional Keep in Mind To:
- You will have to provide all receipts and records from your expenses.
- You should never accept to sign a blank return file.
- Always review the tax return before submitting to the IRS.
- If the service wasn’t good or you were scammed report always to the IRS for Tax related fraud.
Evaluate your options well, use a registered physical company is more expensive, and still, some of these do not operate with E-File, which represents a clear disadvantage.
On the other hand, online companies still involve some work on your part, but they guarantee that everything will be done more quickly, and even allow you to take other actions such as requesting an extension to the delivery period or using tools that facilitate the preparation of a professional tax return.
In general aspects and evaluating the price/value quality, E-file is the best online option that we have found for you since it offers a service with professional support and the most used tools at a much lower price than the one that offers similar offers.
We hope this guide is useful for you, remember to make your statements on time and buy in a Tax-effective way.