Magento is an open-source website specially created for e-commerce written in PHP. It was developed with the support of volunteers by Varien Inc, which is currently Magento Inc, a private company based in Culver City, California – United States.
This specialized software claims to allow you to view all revisions and compare functionality without having to navigate through various websites, consulting from one developer to another, making organizing your purchases, shipments and business much easier.
Therefore, today we will review their service and see if it fits your organizational needs, let’s keep going.
What resources can I find available in Magento?
They have designed two alternate working platforms that offer great tools for its audience, Magento Open Source, and Magento Enterprise Edition.
Become a partner
Magento Open Source, formerly called Magento Community Edition, is an open-source e-commerce platform.
This service is equipped with various options and a large group of people with whom you can interact and grow your business.
Here you have the opportunity to develop experiences or technologies that change the way business is done. By partnering with Magento you will be helping to shape the future of e-commerce.
There are three ways to do it:
- By becoming a solutions partner, they offer you all the power of the community.
- It will allow you to see the details of the program simply.
- You will be able to receive the training and habilitation of your account.
- You will also get access to exclusive tools of the community as well as enjoy an exhibition of the brand while receiving all the memories of Magento with a discount.
If you currently have an extension on the Marketplace, consider becoming a technology partner. They offer two tracks:
- Technology partnerships for third-party software companies that provide software to expand the capabilities of Magento traders.
- Extension Builder Partnerships for companies that create extensions that enhance features and capabilities or allow integrations.
This tool has been created for those who wish to develop individually or grow through a small agency that is not currently in one of there partner programs. Seen in another way, the Community Insider Program is the first step in formalizing your relationship with them.
NOTE: Here you can access exclusive resources for developers, including all discounts on Magento U courses, you will also get a Commerce Cloud sandbox account.
Download Apps with Magento
Magento Marketplace is the only website where you will be offered a variety of extensions for our Magento 2 instance. You will also have a demonstration functionality link that you can try and verify the correct installation.
- Installing extensions using Marketplace is much easier than the manual installation process.
- Marketplace eliminates the need for custom programming by taking advantage of extensions that are already programmed, tested and revised.
- This will save you an enormous amount of time and money compared to the custom development that some e-commerce platforms require.
The Marketplace system with back-end store integration also helps you install extensions when they are purchased.
This is why they need to provide extension companies with all their products on the market and update the compatibility versions for their extensions.
More about Magento
They started on August 31, 2007. Varien, the creator of the company that owns Magento originally worked with osCommerce.
Originally, osCommerce would be the owner of this system but later it was decided to rewrite it as Magento.
And it wasn’t until February 2011, when eBay announced that it had made an investment in 2010, acquiring a 49% stake in the company.
In June 2011, eBay announced that it would be acquiring the rest, joining it with its new X.Commerce initiative.
More than 250,000 merchants worldwide use their Commerce platform, which represents about 30% of the total market share.
Moving forward, they have been one of the best creations for online merchants and suppliers, allowing them to do business more efficiently and easily.
As it is proper of this century to use technology to make our lives less complex.
In their platform, you will be able to find the different options to develop and administrate information which could be good for any starting e-commerce business.
Visit their website and make a quick browse testing everything they offer for its customers and partners.Visit Magento