Part of the goal of every company that wants to transcend and achieve success is to stand out in a certain aspect.
In the case of Visa credit cards, these are the best options available to you for traveling both inside and outside the United States.
Although there are many alternatives within your reach, over the years this is the market Visa has focused on, the travelers. This doesn’t mean that they don’t offer other credit products, but since this is where their strength lies, it’s good to be aware of their products.
Of course, each card, when provided by different issuers for a specific market, in particular, gives different advantages.
However, we have prepared this article to help you make a good decision if you’re thinking about traveling soon and don’t know which card to apply yet.
It is a global company, dedicated to developing payment technologies and works to enable its cardholders, allied companies or customers, partner banks and governments around the world to use the digital currency without major inconvenience.
Not surprisingly, they currently operate in more than 200 countries and territories around the world.
Eligible Visa cardholders can contact Travel and Emergency Assistance Services if they need help finding a referral for medical assistance, legal and transportation assistance, or other goods and services. This free service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and 365 days a year.
Protections and Reminders
Within the official website, we find some timely security tips to ensure your financial security during your trip, regardless of your destination.
Before you go:
- Check your card to make sure it won’t expire during your trip.
- Confirm your credit limit and available account balance.
- Write down your credit and debit card numbers, as well as your issuer’s contact numbers, in case you need assistance or void a card.
- Be sure to remember (but don’t write down) your card PIN.
- Tell your card issuer about your scheduled trip before you leave so that unknown transactions are not flagged as suspicious.
- Buy tickets with your Visa card, this way you protect your money in case you lose the tickets, they are stolen or the airline delays and/or cancels the flight.
During your trip
- Don’t lose sight of your cards, whether you’re at work or enjoying a hotel vacation. If possible, take advantage of the hotel’s safe for valuables.
- Keep all receipts for expenses. Once you’re home, check them thoroughly against monthly statements.
NOTE: If you lose your card while traveling, Visa will work with you to replace it.
Every time you go on a trip, you usually face relatively similar inconveniences, no matter what destination you choose.
Whether you go on vacation to Mexico or on business to Hong Kong, because you are not part of the communities you visit, there is some information you don’t know.
For that Visa has created the following tools:
Currency Exchange Calculator:
Visa is committed to providing a safe, convenient and cost-effective way to pay when traveling abroad. When you use the converter, you get an indication of the rate you may receive when using your Visa card. Just enter the amount, bank fee and currency types involved.
With this valuable tool, you will be able to locate the ATMs that operate with your Visa card.
If you first use the calculator and then go to the cashier, you will have a general idea of how much money you can withdraw with your card abroad or within the country.
Travel services and emergency assistance
Visa also provides medical referrals if necessary, medical case monitoring, follow-up and communication with your family when you feel the emergency warrants it, as well as the names of English-speaking doctors, dentists, and hospitals.
- This comprehensive service ensures that you don’t spend too much money on medical emergencies abroad.
- Through Visa, you can contact English speaking lawyers, US embassies or consulates whenever you need it.
- If you are stopped by local authorities, have a car accident or need legal assistance and fear being cheated, this service can help you get out of your predicament.
Another way this important company assists you during your travels is by helping to arrange emergency transportation to the home or nearest medical center, they are also able to help bring young children home or communicate with family members and employers.
While it is true that several banking institutions offer credit cards of this firm with various characteristics, Visa offers mainly three products to its cardholders:
Among the advantages offered is the exemption of damages due to a collision of rented cars. Zero Liability Policy, where you will not be responsible for unauthorized transactions made with your card.
Also, this includes Roadside Assistance, Emergency Cash Disbursement, processing a bank transfer of cash to the local Western Union within 2 hours of bank approval.
- All the aforementioned summed with a rewards format, among other things.
Enjoy access to premium rewards, valuable benefits and special experiences with ease and security through the Visa Signature credit card.
For example, with access and benefits at more than 900 luxury hotels worldwide, your bank can offer additional benefits ranging from destination dining offerings to excellent seating for the next major sporting event.
- Plus, the benefits of the traditional version are included.
As the name implies, infinite privileges await behind this product, all of them VIP category.
- All the benefits of the Signature version are included.
In addition, when you purchase a travel ticket with a covered Visa Infinite card and must cancel or interrupt your trip, this benefit can help you reimburse the cost.
They have mainly focused on strengthening three aspects of their services:
Safe and secure:
- Because of the zero liability policy, you will not pay a cent for unauthorized or fraudulent transactions.
- Their 24/7 customer service is here to help you and replace your card even while traveling if necessary.
- You can sign up to receive free SMS transaction alerts to receive instant SMS messages when a transaction exceeds a preset amount or when unusual card activity is detected.
- Accepted wherever you want to go – it’s widely accepted worldwide.
- You can use this card in more than 46 million locations worldwide, so you can avoid the hassle and expense of changing currency.
- In addition, paying with Visa allows you to enjoy the Visa exchange rate, making it unnecessary to compare and calculate exchange rates.
Quick and easy way to pay:
- Visa is a safe way to pay when you travel, unlike cash, this card can be replaced in case of loss or theft.
- It’s also easy to withdraw cash from any of the more than two million ATMs that accept Visa debit cards.
- Plus, you can analyze all your purchases on your monthly statement, keep your receipts to make sure they match.
On the official Visa website, you have access to a lot of detailed information about their products. You can, for example, access all the credit cards offered within the United States regardless of the issuer and apply directly from there.
It also highlights that you can access a detailed list of all offers and promotions available to customers.
Educating yourself financially is also important, so they have a very active blog, which you can easily subscribe to.
Among the featured articles is one that explains that the average traveler returns home with a surplus of $123, and then offers a series of suggestions for activities to do according to your preferences, and thus enjoy the trip to the fullest.
After carefully analyzing the benefits offered by Visa through a wide range of products, in partnership with several financial institutions, we can state that it is the best choice for those who are thinking about traveling.
And, even if you are not a frequent traveler, you can enjoy other advantages.
Make proper use of the tools that make you available and try to follow the advice before and during the trip to maintain your safety, and take advantage of the assistance services to avoid inconvenience.
You don’t have to spend huge amounts of money to purchase one of their products, just select a card that works for you and start enjoying the benefits.
Try out Visa, and you won’t regret having a financial tool with this renown and security to back you up.Visit Visa