6 Best Free Email Sites Like Mail.com
Free email sites are abundant now. Back in the ’90s, AOL and Yahoo were everything there was, and both had a price initially. But, as time changes, we get new features, and the digital market is pretty aggressive, making it hard to choose at first sight.
Nowadays, Mail.com is probably one of the most known sites, for this reason, we bring you today a list of options to get your email account safe, working, and for free:Visit Mail.com
Formerly known as Hotmail, Outlook is an email messaging service created by the company Microsoft and is at the top of our list of the 6 best free email sites like Mail.com you can find.
With Outlook, you will have access to a simple and dynamic messaging tray where you can view emails, calendars of important events, and best of all, it is completely free.
- 15GB of storage
- Access to Microsoft Office (Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
- Search bar so you can find the exact mail you are looking for.
- Email organizer according to the importance of the emails. Possibility to access your account from the web on any device with internet access.
- Unify all your email accounts from platforms such as Gmail or Yahoo! in a single universal inbox.
Among the disadvantages or weaknesses of this email, the platform adds plugins or additional functionality that is not available, and that the interface is simple, yes. Still, it can be slower than other free email tools.
Furthermore, the platform is quite slow, so it is not a great idea to work with if your internet connection is not good enough.
So, what can we tell you about the giant of Outlook messaging? You may have noticed that it is one of the best free email sites you can find on the web. Its multiple features and few disadvantages make it one of the first options on our list.
back to menu ↑
AOL Mail is one of the free email sites you probably haven’t heard of yet. It’s understandable since it’s not as popular as other sites in the same category, such as Gmail or the aforementioned Outlook.
However, AOL Mail is one of those free platforms that has multiple features that make it stand out and that you should try if you are looking to create a new email account.
- Its storage capacity is 18GB.
- Maximum file attachment size of 25MB
- It has the functionality to download e-mails via IMAP and POP.
- Email filtering system: antivirus, anti-spam shield.
- Personalization of alerts with audio or instant messaging when receiving new emails.
- Scheduled account session closures.
If there is any disadvantage that we could mention, it could be the fact that it is not so recognized, which in the first instance could generate some distrust, but we assure you that it is a reliable option if you are looking to create an email.
As you can see, AOL Mail has great tools and facilities that make it one of the best options for free email sites like Mail.com, from the storage capacity to the security systems that make it one of the most reliable.
back to menu ↑
Yandex Mail is one of the websites that introduce you to the way to create email accounts differently. It belongs to a Russian origin company with the same name and is the main free email service.
Besides the fact that it is one of the best free email sites, Yandex has the particular feature that, apart from personal email accounts, it also allows you to create email accounts for companies or even with a custom web domain as you need.
- It has a multilingual support platform (you don’t need to learn Russian to use it).
- It has an easy to use, comfortable, and quite fast interface.
- Despite having a simple interface, it has multiple functionalities.
- You can use the different Yandex services (like Wiki and Disk) with the same email account. Very Google-like.
- More than 30 templates for you to customize and decorate your email as you wish.
- An advanced system that prevents the entry of unwanted messages or spam.
- Integrated virus protection system.
The main disadvantage of Yandex is that, for now, it does not have Spanish or Spanish as languages to translate the site, so you might find it a little difficult to use if you do not have at least basic knowledge of English and do not handle the other languages offered.
back to menu ↑
When it comes to Yahoo! Mail, we all know it as one of the greats in free email messaging. Used by millions of people worldwide, it is, without a doubt, one of the main email account providers that exist, having great support from users.
Of course, being one of the main email servers, it doesn’t have it easy since it competes with other equally important services, such as Google or the already mentioned Outlook, but despite this, Yahoo! Mail continues to be among the most important messaging services.
- 1TB cloud storage and 50GB of attachment storage.
- It works on different platforms such as Android and iOs, besides the regular web browser.
- Search tool to find specific contacts or emails in a few words.
- You can opt for the free or corporate Yahoo! Mail account.
- DomainKeys provides you with the necessary protection against viruses or unwanted emails (spam).
- The business version (which you can access with a single payment) has infinite storage and merging of up to 5 different email accounts and one as your domain.
- Multi-language platform.
There are certain disadvantages, as in any other messaging system, to mention a few, we have that your email account will be disabled if you do not use it for 4 months, its integrated text editor is nothing to be amazed, it has basic options, and also some of the options it presents to customize the account are a little unnecessary if what you want is to go straight to the point, subtracting practicality.
Despite the weaknesses mentioned above, Yahoo! Mail is still one of the best options for free email sites, especially because of its high storage capacity.
back to menu ↑
iRedMail offers you the possibility to create an email server with varied and very complete features that you can learn to use in a matter of minutes, and the most interesting thing of all is that it is an open-source server.
The services offered by iRedMail are free, and after a few steps: voilà! You will be ready to enjoy all the open-source components gathered in one place.
- Professional technical support in case you have any problems with the platform.
- All your data will be stored on your hard drive, giving you control over your email account’s security.
- No one but you will be able to access the content of the emails you send or receive.
- You will be able to enjoy features such as calendars, contacts, and ActiveSync.
- There are no restrictions on the number of accounts you can create.
- It has a powerful AntiSpam and AntiVirus system.
- Managing your email account will be effortless thanks to its web administration panel, free and easy to use.
The disadvantage of iReadMail is that you need some additional knowledge to what you might be used to in other platforms since it does not only consist of a name, surname, and telephone number registration, but you must also perform a more specific process to have access to your server, but, without a doubt, it is a highly recommended platform.
back to menu ↑
And to close with our list of the 6 best free email sites like Mail.com, we have GMX, with its email service that, without a doubt, has more than interesting features that have given it its place in our list.
With over 20 million users, GMX is a secure, different, and advanced platform that takes the email system to another level. Whether you want an individual account or are looking for a platform for your small or medium business mail, GMX is an excellent choice in both cases.
- Over 65 GB of email storage.
- It has a simple and easy to use interface, so it won’t take you more than a couple of minutes to learn how to use it.
- Drag-and-drop system that makes uploading attachments a simple task.
- Free technical support 24 hours a day so you can ask any questions or report any problems directly to the GMX team.
Talking about disadvantages would be a little unfair to GMX being the email platform with more than 65 GB of storage, which could put it on par with other sites that provide these services and have much more popularity.
It is not one of the most popular, but it is one that you should consider if you are looking to create an email account on a platform other than the routine ones that everyone uses, and that can certainly present you with more than a couple of new features. We invite you to use it and tell us how it went.
To Sum Up
While Yahoo! Is one of the most important sites to get started, that 1TB of cloud storage is not as great when paired with a slow system. In this regard, Outlook also fails a bit but is still a better choice.
On the other hand, AOL is an Americans’ favorite, mainly for being the first one out there. And the server is quite fast if you are located in the US or Canada.