Marine Navigation Websites to Bookmark
Navigating is a great experience, but the information here is more valuable than anyone thinks. For this reason, today, we bring you the best Marine navigation websites we should use:
The Marine Traffic website is one of the most complete regarding marine navigation. It has a blog where we can observe the experience of other people who have entered this world, and it also has a fairly detailed system for navigating.
We can also find a shop section to acquire the products that we believe necessary to improve our boat within the page. Marine Traffic also has one of the complete browsers in terms of tools, from electronic equipment to simpler tools.
- We can save information about our routes.
- It has a section of information about our boats.
- It has a section for user experiences.
- The tools are complex to use without prior study.
- It does not have a mobile phone app.
Marine Traffic is undoubtedly an excellent tool for navigators.
National Ocean Service
The National Ocean Service is the U.S. government’s website monitoring all marine activity in its waters. In addition, they offer useful information for all those who wish to explore or learn more about the subject.
They have several tools for marine navigation that the government itself delivers. In addition, they constantly update the information on the page along with important facts that all surfers should know.
They also have different podcasts discussing various topics, both the sea and boats.
- It is a page with reliable information.
- The U.S. government is holding it.
- It has educational material of various kinds.
- It’s focused on informing American sailors.
- They don’t have a shop for those who want to improve their boats.
A website supported by the American government and good navigation tools is all that National Ocean Service offers. But, without a doubt, a good option for sailing.
Boating Journey is more of a page demonstrating that nothing is impossible in the world. The page itself offers us the story of a couple who have decided to live their lives and retire into the sea.
But they share everything they need to know about the seafaring they have done and how their life has been during the three years they have been using this revolutionary lifestyle. So that’s why we say it’s a good navigation page, but mostly because of the advice and guides it offers.
- They offer a detailed guide to their trips.
- They have a customized shop for their equipment.
- And they have the history of each of their boats.
- The page is handled purely in English.
- They have no navigation tools.
For those who wish to venture into this world and still have doubts, Boating Journey is a reflection of wanting power. So check out their stories and get ready to sail.
Navionics is a page that brings together several ideas in one place. For example, the online store, shared ideas, travel logs, and more. It is quite a complete page for those interested in maritime navigation.
Besides, Navionics has chosen to expand its horizons, be a website, and offer mobile devices. In a populated market with different options, they have done their best to stand out and be ahead of the competition.
And finally, they offer subscriptions to their magazine to keep up with the latest in shipping.
- They have support for mobile phones.
- Their mapping system is quite advanced.
- They offer a wide variety of items to equip the boats.
- Some prices are usually quite high.
As a verdict, we can say that Navionics is, without a doubt, an excellent option for sailors and deserves a place on this list.
Open Sea Map
Open Sea Map is a page with one single quality. It is a page that offers a huge cartographer for those who want to plan their next trip. Marine navigation cannot be taken lightly, and the Open Sea Map is proof of this.
With varied tools that allow us to play with the route of the trip we will be doing, Open Sea Map is a quite complete page that undoubtedly deserves a place in our markers. It also has other tools that can be downloaded to improve the user experience.
- It is a pretty thorough cartographer.
- They have tools to complement the use of the page.
- The map supports a global scale.
- There is no blog or tutorial to use.
- It does not have a mobile phone app.
Open Sea Map is undoubtedly an excellent tool for only looking for one tool to navigate. Moreover, it is complete and useful, so many people prefer it.
Clear Seas has in mind more than being a site oriented to marine navigation. It has in mind to be an entity that refers to other aspects that are also important. Therefore, people who have rooted this practice in their daily lives should also know about other important issues.
Clear Seas is primarily operated in Canada, where they are the primary agency for informing people about shipping and its impact. In addition, it seeks to make people aware that the practice should be less environmentally invasive.
- You get a different perspective on the impact of shipping.
- We can subscribe to a newsletter.
- It’s an entity supported by the Canadian government.
- It does not offer navigation systems.
- They don’t have support outside of Canada.
Clear Seas is a good option for those who want to learn more about the impacts of shipping and practices. It’s a space to be a little more human.
Marine is a page that offers a complete service to create and trace routes for our next destinations. However, marine navigation always needs to be planned and well-structured to have failures in the route we plan to make.
The smartest thing about Marineways is that they have a mobile phone holder. It is a little less complex than the page, but it fulfills its purpose, helping surfers.
- We’ll have a guide on our phones.
- The tools are simple to use.
- We can store routes for later use.
- They don’t have a blog about trips made with the tool.
This complete and reliable tool says it’s in our markers. So that’s what we can say about Marineways.
Sea Chest is a UK site with a wide variety of products to offer the sailors in its repertoire. From simple products such as a themed cup to equipment for boats, Those are just some things we can find at the Sea Chest store.
Besides that, we can find a guide with different sea routes that are free to use.
- It has all kinds of products in its shop.
- It is one of the most reliable navigation pages in the UK.
- They are business partners of several major brands.
- They only have support in the UK.
- The entire page is in English.
Sea Chest is an excellent site if you want to buy and learn more about navigation without searching for new sites.
Basic Boat Navigation: Navigating with Ded Reckoning
While Boating Journey is tempting, sites like National Ocean Service and Open Sea Map are the most trusted tools before going on the open. Check all these sites out and let us know which one worked the best for your journey.