Melio Pay Review – Simplifying invoice payments
Efficiently managing a company’s finances is a determining factor in its evolution and growth. To optimize each process, it is essential to leave out outdated past methods. In this opportunity, we will analyze Melio Pay, the digital tool that will help simplify your company’s invoicing process.
Whether it is a product or a service, every company sells something, and this entails an invoicing process that, a few years ago, was done on paper and required extensive files. However, the digitization of operations has made it possible to simplify this task and reduce costs. And this is where Melio Pay comes in, a payment system that allows you to quickly and accessibly optimize your company’s invoicing and financial control process.
What is Melio Pay, and how does it work? Is it secure? What are the costs of this service? Join us in this Melio Pay Review and find out how it can help you improve the cash flow of your business or company.
What is Melio Payments?
Melio Pay is a financial tool aimed at small businesses that facilitates the payment of invoices to suppliers, vendors, and contractors via bank transfer, debit card, or credit card without the need to issue paper invoices or checks. In addition, it is an accounting system that automates payment transactions and simplifies business accounting.
With the Melio Pay system, you can pay all your business invoices and expenses from a single platform, without paperwork, and in an instant. Payments via bank transfer or check remittance are free of charge. With Melio Pay, you can:
- Qualify invoices and pay them following order. You can even schedule payments on different dates.
- Split an invoice into more than one payment for greater cash flow flexibility.
- Pay utilities, phone bills, fiber optics, and more. More than 7,000 companies are in the Melio Pay network.
- Make international payments in U.S. dollars immediately.
- Manage approvals and grant permissions to your accountant to stay on top of every cash movement from your mobile.
- Synchronize your QuickBooks account, accounting software that streamlines and improves accounting control for small businesses.
- Manage suppliers, treasury, payment demands, and client portfolios.
- Assign authorized delegates, permitting another person to use the Melio account and use the services on behalf of the primary user.
- Maintain a general ledger of accounts receivable.
Melio Payments is a simple and fast way to improve your business accounting and cash flow. In addition, thanks to its API version for developers, companies can customize the software to digitize B2B payments and adapt it to their needs.
To use Melio Payments’ services, the payer must meet the following requirements:
Be of legal age (+18) and be able to enter into legally binding contracts following applicable law.
- Have an active and valid email address.
- Be a business or self-employed person domiciled in the United States.
- Have a valid deposit account with a Melio-compatible bank or a payment card issued by a Melio-compatible network (Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover, STAR, PULSE, or Accel).
Note: Melio Payments reserves the right to apply other requirements if necessary.
How does Melio Pay work?
Melio Pay’s design is simple and intuitive and takes little time to adapt. Once you have created a free account on their website, follow the procedure below to make payments:
Add the invoice you wish to pay and its details. You can do this by uploading a photo in JPG or PNG format, uploading a PDF file, or entering the data manually. You can also synchronize the app with your company’s accounting software to upload invoices directly.
Select a payment method, either debit card, bank transfer, or credit card. To do this, you will need to link the payment method.
A check or bank transfer will be sent to the beneficiary, who does not necessarily need a Melio Pay account. That’s it! The payment has been made instantly.
For your Business
One of the challenges of every business and small start-up is to keep an orderly accounting and be on top of invoice payments to avoid delays. The accounting models in which checks were issued and paper invoices were filed are long gone, and among the digital financial solutions that facilitate this process is Melio Pay. Use this tool to:
Make payments from suppliers and contractors:
Make payments of invoices, scheduled payments, and installment payments quickly. All the above is done securely by bank transfer or credit card, even when the company does not accept checks or credit card payments.
Synchronize your company’s accounting:
If you have a QuickBooks account for your accounting, you can seamlessly synchronize it with Melio Pay and digitize your entire financial administration.
- Make international transfers in USD.
- Receive invoice payments.
- Synchronize Melio with other accounting software.
Using the accountant dashboard, you can manage customer payments and set up workflows using the accounts payable software. In addition, you save time by synchronizing your Melio account with other digital accounting software, such as QuickBooks, FreshBooks, or Business Central. Through this dashboard, you will be able to monitor every financial movement of the company and have greater control over payments and disbursements.
How much does Melio Pay cost?
No monthly fee and no subscription costs. So begins the description of the costs of using Melio Pay. This solution for small businesses offers for free its invoice payment service through bank transfer and debit card, allowing you to manage all payments in a single app. In addition, creating your account is completely free.
Now, like any company, Melio applies some fees and costs for using certain services. These are
Payment method verification: Melio may charge a small temporary authorization fee when linking a new payment method on your bank statement. Accepting the terms and conditions allows Melio to credit your bank account with two different and random micro-deposits.
- Pay by wire transfer and send a check or receive a wire transfer: free of charge.
- Pay by credit and debit card: 2.9% fee.
- Make or receive immediate wire transfers: 1% fee.
- Expedited check delivery with FedEx: $20.
- International wire transfer in USD: $20.
Melio’s fees are charged to the payment method used, are set at the time of shipment, and are charged on the payment processing date.
You are responsible for applicable taxes (if any) as a user.
Means of payment
Melio Pay allows users to transmit payments through an authorized clearing house (ACH), wire transfer, debit card, or credit card:
- Melio accepts payments from all legal U.S. banking institutions.
- A network taken by Melio must issue debit or credit cards.
NOTE: To prevent fraud and comply with legal obligations, Melio may request additional information from the user or third parties to verify the validity of the registered payment method.
Recipients may receive payments by paper check, electronic check, debit card, bank wire transfer, ACH transfer, or via a virtual card number (VCN).
Melio Pay offers its customers the ability to stop a payment after it has been sent. The company may refund the cost depending on the circumstance in which such a stop payment is requested. This process is subject to the disbursement channels through which the price was sent, and you will be charged a fee proportional to the amount refunded. To make use of this feature, you must contact Melio at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Is it safe to use Melio Pay?
Yes, Melio Pay is a completely reliable service. This is one of the main aspects you should evaluate before hiring any service for your company. And, for your peace of mind, Melio Payments is a registered company authorized to offer financial services:
Melio Payments is a company registered in the United States that offers the following guarantees to its customers:
Secure technology: Melio uses state-of-the-art cryptographic algorithms for data transmission and storage. Its servers are maintained in PCI and SOC 1, 2, and 3 certified data centers with 24/7 monitoring.
The PCI DSS certification process is designed to protect sensitive credit card data so Melio does not store sensitive information on its servers.
User funds are held in a protected account by Melio’s banking providers (Evolve Bank & Trust, Silicon Valley Bank, and J.P. Morgan Chase Bank) until the funds are delivered to the beneficiary so they are never compromised.
To collect the data from the financial institutions corresponding to the means of payment linked by the user, Melio Pay uses the services of Plaid Technologies, Inc., a company registered in the United States.
Melio Pay is trusted by major institutions such as J.P. Morgan, Visa, Mastercard, Discover, Diners Club International, Silicon Valley Bank, Accel, and STAR, among others. In addition, the comments of its users leave a good impression on people looking for a tool to digitize their company’s accounting.
It should be noted that the funds from payments made through Melio Pay (except for fees) do not become Melio’s property at any time from the initiation of the price until it becomes effective. In other words, it does not function as a financial intermediary in transactions but as a payment gateway.
- It represents a significant saving of time and resources for the company since it concentrates all invoice payments in one place.
- No need for payees to have a Melio Pay account to receive payments.
- User-friendly interface design, intuitive and practical.
- Easy and fast registration process.
- Invoices can be uploaded through images, PDF files, synchronizing Melio with other accounting software, or entering data manually.
- Low costs.
- API version so that companies can customize the platform according to their needs.
- According to the salary evaluation platform, Melio Pay is a company with excellent salary rewards and benefits for its workers.
- For now, it is only available to U.S.-based companies and freelancers.
- Paper checks may take the time or have logistical issues.
- Customer service has had complaints from some users.
To Sum Up
Based on all of the above, we can conclude that Melio Payments is an excellent way to improve the cash flow of your company or business while allowing you to digitize payment processes, considerably reducing time and costs.
The versatility with which invoices can be paid through Melio is ideal for the changing scenarios of today’s economy, where static and inflexible models no longer have a place. In addition, if you already do your accounting digitally with QuickBooks or other software, you can seamlessly sync it to this platform to complement the financial management of the business.
An exciting advantage of Melio Pay is that debit payments are free, so that you can use the service free of charge. So now, even though credit card payment has a fee, it is convenient when you are short on cash and need to pay a supplier that does not accept credit card payments. This allows you to stay current without affecting your cash flow.
One of the points that can be considered a disadvantage is that this solution is currently only available for companies and freelancers in the United States. However, it is worth noting that this company is relatively young since it started its activities in 2018, so we do not rule out an expansion process involving other countries. On the other hand, we hope they can improve their customer service, as sometimes the company takes time to resolve certain inconveniences.
In summary, it is worthwhile to digitize and simplify the processes of invoice payments and the management of suppliers and customers with Melio Pay. Furthermore, you can take a free trial and determine if it is necessary to maximize your company’s productivity.Visit Melio Pay