Everyone knows how important it is to include leafy greens in their diet, but not everyone does it. We get it, sometimes a big bowl of veggies doesn’t sound as appealing as a juicy cheeseburger or as easy as ordering a pizza.
Fortunately, there are some things you can do to make getting your daily greens easier. The key is finding a few simple and delicious recipes to make healthy eating a breeze.
In this article, we’ll give you 5 of the best salads to keep you hitting your healthy meal goals.
How to Make the Best Salads
The greatest thing about these delicious salad recipes is that you can customize them to make each one perfect for you and your family. Feel free to substitute meat for vegetarian or vegan options, forgo the salad dressing, or add your favorite ingredients to make it more your style.
1. Organic Chopped Salad
- 1 chopped organic romaine heart
- 8oz organic mixed greens
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes
- 1 large diced shallot
- 1 chopped cucumber
- 1/2 cup shredded chicken
- 1/4 cup shaved Parmesan
- 1/4 teaspoon flakes of red pepper
- Favorite dressing to taste
2. Simple Arugula Salad
- 3/4 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- 5 ounces of baby arugula
- 1 chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 shallot
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
3. Autumn Cobb Salad
- 4 chopped slices of cooked bacon
- 2 hard boiled eggs sliced
- 3oz of chopped romaine lettuce
- 3oz of chopped kale
- 1 diced pear
- 1 diced apple
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup goat cheese crumbles
- Blue cheese dressing to taste
4. Heart Healthy Greek Salad
- 5 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 chopped cucumber
- 1 thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/3 cup sliced black olives
- salt and pepper to taste
- Red wine vinaigrette to taste
5. Spinach Fruit Salad
- 1/2 cup roasted almonds Pecans
- 1 chopped apple
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 chopped pear
- 3oz of baby spinach
- 3oz of mixed greens
- Balsamic dressing to taste
For each of these recipes, all you need to do is combine the ingredients and they are ready to serve. You can do some of the prep work ahead of time, like chopping and refrigerating ingredients until it’s time to eat.
Fix Your Own or Order In?
Some folks love to cook and get a thrill out of tweaking classic recipes to their own tastes. You can take the 5 recipes above and put your own spin on them.
If you’re not in the mood to cook, don’t feel guilty about ordering in. Some days you have enough on your plate without adding dinner to the mix.
For times like these, you can order the best salads from a catering restaurant, and leave all that work to the professionals.
Ready for Some Tasty Salads?
Once you know how to make some of the best salads quickly, your healthy eating goals are going to be easier to reach. Try these 5 delicious, healthy salads and start reaping the benefits of greens in your diet.
Looking for more useful articles on health and lifestyle? Check out more fresh content here on our blog.