4 Fun Spring Crafts for Kids to Create
Nothing is worse than staying indoors on a gloomy day when all you want to do is play outside. With more than half of the country seeing 50 or more inches of rain each year, you’ve got to know how to keep your kids occupied when such weather strikes. The colors and flowers of spring make this a great time to create some fun art projects. Here are four adorable spring crafts for kids that will brighten even the rainiest springtime days.
1. Glitter Clothespin Butterflies
The first spring arts and crafts activity on the list is a simple clothespin butterfly. You’ll need a few materials you can find around your house for this easy activity.
- pipe cleaners
- tissue paper
- liquid glue
- Paint the front of the clothespin with glue and sprinkle it with glitter.
- Stack several pieces of tissue paper together and cut out the wing shape.
- Pinch the tissue paper wings in the middle and twist a pipe cleaner around it, leaving the ends long for the antenna. Clip the wings in the glitter clothespin.
- Decorate the wings with the remaining glitter and glue. Let your creation dry.
2. Pine Cone Bird Feeder
If you are looking for an animal-friendly craft, look no further than a DIY bird feeder. All you need are a few ingredients to make this simple feeder. As a bonus activity, you’ll be able to track the birds you see after you hang your creation up.
- peanut butter
- birdseed in a shallow pan
- plastic knife
- eight-inch piece of yarn
- Using the knife, spread the peanut butter all over the pinecone.
- Roll the peanut butter-covered pinecone in the pan of bird seed.
- Tie a piece of yarn to the pinecone and tie the yarn in a loop.
- Hang your bird feeder from a tree and watch the birds flock to it!
3. Epoxy Tape Picture Frames
This epoxy tape picture frame is a fun way to get the adults in on the crafting fun. Create a frame for your favorite springtime memory with this craft.
- Epoxy Tape
- Using the epoxy tape, create a rectangle frame shape outline with the tape.
- Begin layering the epoxy in the epoxy mold you created with the tape.
- Continue this process until your frame is the thickness you are looking for.
- Once you are done, peel the tape back and admire your masterpiece.
4. Drip Paint Planters
The best kind of March crafts is the ones that get your plants ready for spring. Prepare for your summer garden with this fun and messy craft.
- terra cotta planter
- acrylic paints
- wax paper
- Place your planter face down on the wax paper.
- Drip the acrylic paint around the edge of the planter. Continue until you have the drip pattern you like.
- After a day of drying, turn your pot over and admire your creation!
Bring On the Warmer Weather With These Spring Crafts for Kids
It can be a little while before the flowers and sunshine are out for good in the spring. When you make these spring crafts for kids, you will feel the spring cheer even faster.
Did you find our article enjoyable? If so, check out our other lifestyle and family blogs today!