5 Major Tips for Increasing Productivity at Work

Did you know that the average employee is productive for 12 hours and a half per week?

If you feel like you could be doing a bit more with your working hours, you’re probably looking for the secret recipe to perfect productivity, and, well… that doesn’t really exist.

Humans weren’t made to work like machines, after all.

However, there are a few things you can try to boost your productivity and start ticking items off your to-do list quicker and more efficiently!

1. Set a Daily Routine

Planning your daily routine to the second is pretty much impossible. There are always unexpected tasks to attend to, and sometimes you have to choose but to change your schedule at the last minute.

But that doesn’t mean you can’t have a basic routine.

Choose at least when to get up for work and when to take your lunch break so that you can more efficiently organize your tasks and make sure you get everything done in time.

2. Remember to Take Breaks

Essential but easy to forget (particularly for workaholics), breaks are pivotal to giving your brain the rest it deserves.

Whether you take them to do absolutely nothing, to get a warm coffee, or to stay active at work by doing some stretches or going on a walk, remember to stop for a bit every day, several times a day.

If you need to, you can even include your breaks in the routine we mentioned before!

3. Use the 80/20 Rule

Prioritizing is a big part of being productive at work and the 80/20 rule will help you do just that.

According to this rule, you should select the most crucial 20% of your work and find ways to eliminate the other 80% of your schedule so that you can focus on what truly matters.

4. Turn Off Your Notifications

There are two types of notifications you should consider here.

Firstly, the most obvious ones. You should always have your social media, and personal email notifications turned off when you’re at work. We all know how tempting they are to check, after all.

But there’s more.

It can be useful to turn off your professional email and phone notifications, especially when you have something really important and attention-demanding to do.

Schedule two or three times a day to check them, and you won’t find yourself stopping your work time and time and time again

5. Stop Multitasking

Being able to multitask might seem like a fantastic skill to have, but the truth is that when you try to handle too many tasks at once, you end up not putting all your effort into any of them.

Finish each task before you move on to the other one and you’ll find that you get everything done a lot quicker.

Boosting Your Productivity Levels Has Never Been Easier

As you can see, increasing your productivity at work doesn’t have to be as challenging as it sounds. It’s all about trying out different tips and routines until you find the ones that work best for yourself and your workload.

If you enjoyed reading this article, make sure to keep exploring our blog!

Carla Gayou
Carla Gayou

Carla is a high performing marketing professional with 5+ years of experience driving growth of in a variety of corporate and entrepreneurial environments. Strong command of digital operations with exposure to influencer marketing strategy, branding, analytics, SEO/SEM, customer success, content development, and social media Core expertise lies in managing end-to-end campaigns, creating memorable content, and facilitating improved conversion rates to enhance e-commerce operations. Adept in ensuring alignment with organizational goals, facilitating streamlined operations, and leveraging a data driven strategy used to make insightful marketing decisions.