Studying medicine, or even just getting to know the medical topics, can be hard if you don’t know where to look for reliable information. Besides, the internet is full of junk. Have you seen those site ads where they say people work like trees?
So, we decided to cut off the misinformation line and bring you directly some great sites to get medical education resources. Some of which you should bookmark if you are professionally linked to the topic.
The Student Doctor Network
The Student, Doctor Network website was created in 1999 as a free service that would help anyone in the medical field expand their knowledge with resources at a click.
It is a free online page where you can access articles, help forums, information about specific professions in medicine, and other interest resources. Having been providing services for more than 20 years, it can be said that it is one of the most reliable sites to find the medical education resources you need.
- They give you access to interviews on topics of interest with important personalities in the field of medicine.
- You can register to the website with your Facebook account, Google, or your email.
- As a Student Doctor Network member, you will have access to the forums to answer your questions.
This advertisement should regularly see the Student Doctor Network website to manage the site, but don’t worry. However, we should mention that you will have to see advertisements from time to time. By registering, you will be able to reduce the number of advertisements a little bit.
No doubt, The Student Doctor Network is among our recommendations as a supportive website, whether you are a medical student or an existing health professional looking for something new or interesting to read.
Healthline is a page where you can find informative articles that, in short, has among its content the best medical education resources to mark. You will find advice, recommendations, tips, and fascinating and dynamic information updated to the reality that is lived in the day today.
The Healthline website offers you high-quality articles certified by multiple studies and information supported by people of interest. You will find more than 20,000 articles in which you will find information about the medicine that has been reviewed and certified by doctors, nurses, and certain important personalities in the field.
Besides this, this website’s experts are constantly monitoring the content offered because it changes and adapts according to the environment of medicine itself, keeping everything on the website updated to the latest news and developments.
- It has a search bar to enter exactly the information you need to find on the web.
- A special tool called Symptom Check, in which you can enter the symptom you are presenting in a search bar and check the possible causes.
- A tool to visualize the human body. Discover the parts of your body and the systems that compose it through 3D modeling.
- There is also a section where you can find help from a doctor online.
In general, the Healthline website is quite complete, but you might have some inconveniences to use certain tools such as the human body map if you have a computer that is not so fast in terms of connection.
The Mayo Clinic is well known and trusted by hundreds of people. In addition, they have their website to find countless amounts of information to bookmark from an accurate and reliable source if you need medical education resources.
Access to this web portal is completely free, and experts develop product management, user experience, and design. It’s ready to give you access to the information given by medical specialists and other experts who make life at the Mayo Clinic.
- You can translate the website into multiple languages, including Spanish, Portuguese, and Arabic.
- The Mayo Clinic allows you to register as a patient to receive your exams via the web, manage your medical appointments more quickly, and even manage your bills with the medical center.
- You can find a doctor online and may even find your job.
- Categories you can access: Health and Patient Care Information, Centers and Departments, Research, Education
- Additional sections for Medical Professionals, plus a Products and Services section, and even a section where you can provide your philanthropic input at the Mayo Clinic.
There are few (if any) drawbacks or drawbacks that you might find on the Mayo Clinic website. Still, it’s certainly an excellent place for you to expand your knowledge because it provides interesting information from the field of medicine, certified by experts who work there.
Oxford Medical Education
When you mention Oxford, the first thing that comes to mind is the prestigious university. Indeed, Oxford Medical Education is a related web portal where you can find free, online, and publicly accessible medical education resources for both professionals and medical students.
We could not mention greater reliability in this website than the excellent worldwide support that the University of Oxford has, so this website’s content is fully verified.
- The website covers all practical aspects of diagnosis, research, management, and information writing.
- All contributors to the website are medical professionals who have successfully passed MRCP or MRCS.
- Multiple categories with information of interest include Specialties, Arterial Blood Gas, ECGs, History, Tests, Questions and Cases, Skills and Procedures, and Prescription.
You can subscribe with your email to Oxford Medical Education’s online site to receive the latest news, updates, and website content uploaded. You can also find them on multiple social networks to keep in touch with all the new content they have to offer.
The University of Los Angeles, California, better known as UCLA, also has its website for those who want to learn more about the medical area of this prestigious institution in the United States.
Mednet is the name of the free website you can easily access to get all the important information regarding medical education resources to bookmark in your browser.
- You will be able to find the latest news and articles of interest regarding the world of medicine.
- Different category tabs can be accessed: U News, Medical Referrals, Clinical Systems, Business Systems, System Resources, Human Resources, and General Resources.
- Search bar to facilitate access to the information you are requesting.
Besides the above, you also have the option to find a doctor, subscribe to the site for news and updates, and even volunteer and check out the medical school and nursing school portal.
Undoubtedly, Mednet is one of the best and most reliable sites. Moreover, being an extension of UCLA, you can access to get interesting information about medicine.
Suppose you are looking for a web portal for information on the field of medicine. In that case, Helio is one of the most recommended options for professionals and those medical students. They wish to expand their knowledge to better adapt to the daily practice of medicine.
This free online site was designed to offer in-depth and specialized information as well as the best and most serious news reports of the medical industry, including dynamic multimedia and even question and answer columns to clarify all the doubts you may have, being one of the best options to find medical education resources to bookmark.
- It has a search bar to facilitate your navigation through the site.
- More than 20 categories of different types of diseases
- Registration on the website and access to My saved (a section where you mark the medical resources you find most interesting to view later)
- Newsletter subscription
- Access to books, articles, news, videos, blogs, and calendars of upcoming events
Healio, a site published by SLACK Incorporated, is, in conclusion, an innovative portal that has a wealth of interesting health care information that presents you with a vibrant and in-depth learning experience and approach to medical knowledge about more than 20 categories related to existing diseases.
Here are some of the best medical news websites:
International Journal of Translational Medical Research and Public Health (IJTMRPH) is an online journal of medical recommendations and news, and events from the world of medicine.
In it, you will find research, reports, and fieldwork carried out by various specialists in different areas of medicine. In addition, the magazine presents topics of interest and different sections such as public health, infectious diseases, clinical trials, and global and international health.
- If you are a specialist in medicine and its derivatives, you can participate in the work presented.
- This site allows you to register within the page to receive additional information.
- It is free. You can make donations to help contribute to the continuity of the journal and the page.
- It is composed of a team of experts and specialists within the area of health.
- The menu of information is somewhat confusing and tedious to use.
Despite this, IJTMRPH is a magazine containing important information and helps understand various health and medicine topics. Besides, if you have experience in this area, you can contribute to the magazine.
MedicalNewsToday is an informative virtual newspaper about the current situation of various diseases and pandemics and presenting different articles made by professionals in health and medicine.
It also has a news and recommendations section to review and browse through a very easy-to-use interface. Besides, it presents different medical reports to learn a little about the current Coronavirus pandemic we live in.
- It has an easy-to-use interface.
- It has a menu where you can review articles on various diseases that have been more frequent.
- You can subscribe to receive news and information regarding medical news.
- Despite its simple interface, the page is not very explanatory about what it offers.
MedicalNewsToday becomes an interesting page to know more about medical news globally despite its not being so explanatory. Nevertheless, it works as a great help due to the articles and other topics.
Therefore, it works as a good way to continue knowing more about medical trends worldwide and the latest news about diseases that have been known and others you can know.
NewsMedical is a page in charge of publishing articles and news on various topics in the scientific, clinical, and medical fields made by professionals in the area to promote accurate information.
On the page, you will find diverse information on the current topics at a worldwide level. In addition, it has a diversity of sections that you can review to know everything that the page can offer to you, made by specialists in the area.
In this way, we can consider it a great informative website for those interested in medical specialties and different diseases, whether they are transmitted as simple flu or mental illness.
- It has a wide menu of diversified information.
- Its content is free and reviewed by professionals.
- Works similarly to a social network.
- There is a lot of content every day.
- While most content is updated, there is A LOT of content, and finding specific news can be hard.
NewsMedical becomes an important information page, which at the same time can act as a social network for its users. This way, it has a wide repertoire of news and articles, making it a beneficial medical site.
Thanks to this social network function mentioned above, there is a great deal of communication and interactivity among its users. In this way, it can be considered as a great page to know about the latest news of diseases, medical knowledge, and specialties.
Medscape is a page of information and medical education on particular topics within the area of health. Also, it serves to present various articles from different institutes of medicine in Argentina and Mexico.
Its educational space can help you understand the functionality of different basic or complex diseases, and you can participate in those educational activities by registering on the page.
This educational section can also help you study a specialty of what the page can offer, which keeps you in touch with it.
In this way, Medscape becomes a site with a great deal of interaction with its users to be considered a great source of information despite its limitations in medical topics.
- It has a large section of news, articles, and professional opinions that you can review.
- It has an educational section.
- Completely free.
- It has its Spanish version.
- It is limited to medical topics.
- Its menu is not very explanatory.
Despite this, Medscape becomes an interesting page to understand specific health topics and diseases, not only infectious but also mental. In this way, you can learn a lot about what the page offers, thanks to its educational area.
Their educational area will help you understand the degree of importance of the diseases presented on the page and how you can treat them if you are a person studying medicine or a career related to the area of health.
In the end, Medscape is a great alternative and reliable source for those interested in medical topics, thanks to the news, articles, and information posted on the website.
ScienceDaily is an informative page about many medical topics and different diseases since it has a wide catalog that you can review to understand more about the topics it presents.
Besides, it has news and articles sections that you can easily access from its main menu. There are even other topics of general interest that you can frequent, such as agriculture and chemistry.
Its diversity of medical sections varies from natural medicine to various mental illness topics, with various information to help understand them.
- An extensive menu and explanatory sections.
- A wide variety of news and articles concerning current public health issues.
- Health professionals verify daily information.
- The information and topics it offers are somewhat disorganized and difficult to understand.
Despite this, ScienceDaily is still a site with much useful information for understanding medical and health issues. Its articles and news are from reliable sources that you can review and take advice from.
Furthermore, it can help you learn about different diseases, treat them, and the aforementioned general interest topics that give the site variety.
Medical Xpress is a page of particular information regarding public health. Its themes, articles, news, and the diseases they try to explain to the public are mainly mental and terminal.
However, this is not limiting to being a site with information from reliable sources and various professionals or special health responsible for writing and writing all the data you can find within the page. That can serve you if you study a specialization.
Besides, you can register on the site to interact with it, and it also notifies you of the news and diseases that are currently in global trend and how you can prevent them from affecting your health.
- Although it is limited in terms of topics, its information is reliable and good-quality based on professional opinion.
- You can receive constant information from the site if you subscribe.
- It has a section of articles and news more frequented by users.
- The already mentioned limitation regarding the health and medical topics it deals with. Its information is particular.
- The fact that it is in English can be a limitation for some people.
For this reason, Medical Xpress can be a reliable site for those people who are looking for specific, concrete, and useful information for learning.
To Sum Up
When looking for medical topics, you want to get everything from sources with something to lose if they get anything wrong. In this regard, we found out that Mayo Clinic and Oxford are amazingly trustworthy. On the other hand, Mednet is driven by one of the most prestigious universities in the US.
On the downside, the quantity of information is sacrificed there, so you may find more sources if you check on sites like Healthline.