Studying medicine, or even just getting to know the medical topics, can be hard if you don’t know where to look for reliable information. Besides, the internet is full of junk. Have you seen those site ads where they say people work like trees?
So, we decided to cut off the misinformation line and bring you directly some great sites to get medical education resources. Some of which you should bookmark if you are professionally linked to the topic.
The Student Doctor Network
The Student, Doctor Network website was created in 1999 as a free service that would help anyone in the medical field expand their knowledge with resources at a click.
It is a free online page where you can access articles, help forums, information about specific professions in medicine, and other interest resources. Having been providing services for more than 20 years, it can be said that it is one of the most reliable sites to find the medical education resources you need.
- They give you access to interviews on topics of interest with important personalities in the field of medicine.
- You can register to the website with your Facebook account, Google, or your email.
- As a Student Doctor Network member, you will have access to the forums to answer your questions.
However, we should mention that you will have to see advertisements from time to time. This advertisement should regularly see on The Student Doctor Network website to manage the site, but don’t worry. By registering, you will be able to reduce the number of advertisements a little bit.
No doubt, The Student Doctor Network is among our recommendations as a supportive website, whether you are a medical student or an existing health professional looking for something new or interesting to read.
back to menu ↑
Healthline is a page where you can find informative articles that, in short, has among its content the best medical education resources to mark. You will find advice, recommendations, tips, and fascinating and dynamic information updated to the reality that is lived in the day today.
The Healthline website offers you high-quality articles certified by multiple studies and information supported by people of interest. You will find more than 20,000 articles in which you will find information about the medicine that has been reviewed and certified by doctors, nurses, and certain important personalities in the field.
Besides this, this website’s experts are constantly monitoring the content offered because it changes and adapts according to the environment of medicine itself, keeping everything on the website updated to the latest news and developments.
- It has a search bar to enter exactly the information you need to find on the web.
- A special tool called Symptom Check, in which you can enter the symptom you are presenting in a search bar and check the possible causes.
- A tool to visualize the human body. Discover the parts of your body and the systems that compose it through 3D modeling.
- There is also a section where you can find help from a doctor online.
In general, the Healthline website is quite complete, but you might have some inconveniences to use certain tools such as the human body map if you have a computer that is not so fast in terms of connection.
back to menu ↑
The Mayo Clinic is well known and trusted by hundreds of people. They have their website to find countless amounts of information to bookmark from an accurate and reliable source if you need medical education resources.
Access to this web portal is completely free, and experts develop product management and user experience and design. It’s ready to give you access to the information given by medical specialists and other experts who make life at the Mayo Clinic.
- You can translate the website into multiple languages, including Spanish, Portuguese, and Arabic.
- The Mayo Clinic allows you to register as a patient to receive your exams via the web, manage your medical appointments more quickly, and even manage your bills with the medical center.
- You can find a doctor online and may even find your job.
- Categories you can access: Health and Patient Care Information, Centers and Departments, Research, Education
- Additional sections for Medical Professionals, plus a Products and Services section, and even a section where you can provide your philanthropic input at the Mayo Clinic.
There are few (if any) drawbacks or drawbacks that you might find on the Mayo Clinic website. Still, it’s certainly an excellent place for you to expand your knowledge because it provides interesting information from the field of medicine, certified by experts who work there.
back to menu ↑
Oxford Medical Education
When you mention Oxford, of course, the first thing that comes to mind is the prestigious university. Indeed, Oxford Medical Education is a related web portal where you can find free, online, and publicly accessible medical education resources for both professionals and medical students.
We could not mention greater reliability in this website than the excellent worldwide support that the University of Oxford has, so this web site’s content is fully verified.
- The website covers all practical aspects of diagnosis, research, management, and information writing.
- All contributors to the website are medical professionals who have successfully passed MRCP or MRCS.
- Multiple categories with information of interest such as Specialties, Arterial Blood Gas, ECGs, History, Tests, Questions and Cases, Skills and Procedures, and Prescription.
You can subscribe with your email to Oxford Medical Education’s online site to receive the latest news, updates, and website content uploaded. You can also find them on multiple social networks to keep in touch with all the new content they have to offer.
back to menu ↑
The University of Los Angeles, California, better known as UCLA, also has its website for those who want to learn more about the medical area of this prestigious institution in the United States.
Mednet is the name of the free website you can easily access to get all the important information regarding medical education resources to bookmark in your browser.
- You will be able to find the latest news and articles of interest regarding the world of medicine.
- Different category tabs can be accessed: U News, Medical Referrals, Clinical Systems, Business Systems, System Resources, Human Resources, and General Resources.
- Search bar to facilitate access to the information you are requesting.
Besides the above, you also have the option to find a doctor, subscribe to the site for news and updates, and even volunteer, as well as check out the medical school and nursing school portal.
Without a doubt, Mednet is one of the best and most reliable sites, being an extension of UCLA, that you can access to get interesting information about the medicine.
back to menu ↑
Suppose you are looking for a web portal for information on the field of medicine. In that case, Helio is one of the most recommended options for professionals and those medical students. They wish to expand their knowledge to better adapt to the daily practice of medicine.
This free online site was designed to offer in-depth and specialized information as well as the best and most serious news reports of the medical industry, including dynamic multimedia, and even question and answer columns to clarify all the doubts you may have, being one of the best options to find medical education resources to bookmark.
- It has a search bar to facilitate your navigation through the site.
- More than 20 categories of different types of diseases
- Registration on the website and access to My saved (a section where you mark the medical resources you find most interesting to view later)
- Newsletter subscription
- Access to books, articles, news, videos, blogs, and calendars of upcoming events
Healio, a site published by SLACK Incorporated, is, in conclusion, an innovative portal that has a wealth of interesting health care information that presents you with a vibrant and in-depth learning experience and approach to medical knowledge about more than 20 categories related to existing diseases.
To Sum Up
When looking for medical topics, you want to get everything from sources with something to lose if they get anything wrong. In this regard, we found out that Mayo Clinic and Oxford are amazingly trustworthy. On the other hand, Mednet is driven by one of the most prestigious universities in the US.
On the downside, the quantity of information is sacrificed there, so you may find more sources if you check on sites like Healthline.