Getting good life insurance is important to ensure the welfare of your loved ones if, at any time, due to an illness or an unforeseen event, you stop being with them. But the matter is even more delicate, as agents seek to earn money at all costs, in addition to being a very tedious process.
However, there are multiple online options to access life insurance easily. One of those available to you (though not available to New York State) is Ethos, who are pleased to offer a service quite accessible and simple to purchase, unlike other online companies.
How to hire Ethos services
Before thinking about logging on to their online site, you must make sure you meet the minimum eligibility criteria:
- Be between the ages of 18 and 75.
- Be a U.S. citizen or have a green card.
- You must have lived in the United States for at least 24 months.
- Live in a state where Ethos applies (currently not available in New York).
If you receive a diagnosis of “invasive cancer” within 90 days of approval for the policy, the benefit to be paid is greatly reduced. Besides, if you have certain medical conditions or make certain lifestyle decisions, you may not be approved. Although they don’t usually require a medical examination, they may require one, and an insurer may decide if you can get the life policy.
Regarding the application process, we should mention that it is quite simple. After answering a few simple screening questions that can take as little as 10 minutes, you’ll receive several plans offers with an estimated amount of premiums due (81% of customers say they agree).
Finally, you will have to enter more information, such as your address, height, weight, date of birth, and sex, entering the beneficiary’s last date.
This life insurance is designed for people who lack time. Its platform applies software that quickly determines the plan that best suits your needs. That’s why it’s important to be completely honest when answering the questions posed by the website.
Other features are also highlighted:
- Terms of 10, 15, 20, or 30 years: you can choose them according to the plans of offers or use a scroll to establish the one you like the most.
- Coverage from $25,000 to $10 million: When the coverage exceeds one million dollars, they usually require applicants to have a medical examination.
- Available to 18- to 75-year-olds: This range of coverage allows those who have just passed the typical retirement age.
- You can buy coverage up to age 85: they don’t insure anyone over that age, so they only sell coverage plans to people up to age 75.
- Available in all states except New York: Unfortunately, New York residents should look for other options.
From a human perspective, they understand that losing a loved one is the hardest part and that waiting months to get paid for life insurance can make things worse.
Because of this policy, Ethos pays claims quickly to help lessen stress while the beneficiary is suffering.
Other Important Features
Since the entire process is done online, it is unnecessary to hire an insurance broker’s services, which means that the typical administrative fees needed to process are waived through this process.
On the other hand, when you traditionally apply for life insurance, the agent usually works for a commission, increasing sales to a more expensive and complicated plan. This is no longer necessary through this service provider.
A truly unique aspect is that, due to the way the software that evaluates requests from applying users is designed, your request may be approved in a matter of minutes.
This certainly depends on the conditions under which you make the application, medical history, health condition, among other things.
To Sum Up
Considering that this is a new company in the field, established in 2017, it has solid investors, Sequoia, Accel, and Assurity. On the other hand, their application process makes it easy for anyone to apply, so it is unnecessary to be a life insurance expert or have too much experience using the computer.
Visit Ethos and find out how easy it is to get a quote. Perhaps you will feel safer with them.Visit Ethos